Uzbekistan has long won the interest of travelers around the world. Every year, the country is visited by thousands of tourists who want to explore the rich history of our region and see cultural monuments known throughout the world.
But before you do that, you must know that all foreign citizens and stateless persons can enter Uzbekistan and transit through its territory only if the visas.
Thus, a bilateral visa-free regime with Kyrgyzstan set (up to 60 days), Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine.
For the citizens of Austria, Belgium, Britain, Germany, Spain, Italy, Latvia, Malaysia, France, Switzerland and Japan, a simplified procedure for issuing visas.
Tourists from these countries are issued multiple entry visas valid for up to 1 month, and the business community – up to 1 year (Malaysia – up to 6 months) without the need for tour-voucher or treatment of inviting legal or natural person in Uzbekistan Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan. Visas are issued within 2 working days, excluding the day the documents.
With Hungary and China (30 days), Viet Nam and the Republic of Korea (60 days), Brazil, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia and Turkey (up to 90 days) is set to visa-free regime for holders of diplomatic passports.
Citizens of these countries possessing the diplomatic passport and accredited as members of diplomatic missions or consular offices of their countries on the territory of Uzbekistan, as well as their family members have the right to enter and stay without a visa for the whole period of work.
Uzbekistan and Japan on a mutual basis issue visas without consular fees.
Consular offices of the Republic of Uzbekistan abroad, and in case of absence those – consular offices of other countries with which it has bilateral agreements of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
Consular Bureau of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan at airports with connections to foreign countries.
Visa support is issued on the basis of the petition invites the juridical and physical persons permanently or temporarily residing in Uzbekistan submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
– Visa application on the letterhead of the organization form;
– E-profile site http://evisa.mfa.uz
– Copies of passports of the invited person, the head of the organization and the authorized person of the organization, for the submission of documents;
– Copies of documents for the organization (license, certificate, certificates, etc.);
– Copies of orders to the manager and the authorized person;
– A copy of a power of attorney on the authorized person of the organization;
– For visa upon arrival at the airport “Tashkent”, you must also provide a copy of a ticket or reservation.
To obtain a visa to foreign citizens and stateless persons are to submit to the diplomatic or consular mission of Uzbekistan abroad the following documents:
For a transit visa foreign citizens and stateless persons, except the above mentioned documents must have visa of the state destination and travel documents with confirmed date of departure from Uzbekistan in the country of destination. The term of consideration of visa documents in this case is 3 days.
Foreign nationals and stateless persons intending to come to Uzbekistan from a country where there is no diplomatic or consular mission of Uzbekistan can get visas on arrival at the visa provision Foreign Ministry of Uzbekistan in the international airport “Tashkent”. To this end, invites legal or natural person on the territory of Uzbekistan must apply in advance to the established order in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan, get a confirmation (stamp) of the visa department of the Consular Department and send it to the invited person. This confirmation is presented invited person when purchasing the ticket, passport control in the host country, and on its basis he issued a visa on arrival in the sector providing visa Foreign Ministry of Uzbekistan in the international airport “Tashkent”.
– Сhocolate in a tile and briquettes over 2 kg – 5 kg.;
– Grain products, cereals, starch, flour, flour confectionery products – 10 kg;
– Processed vegetables, fruit, nuts or other plant – 5 kg;
– Miscellaneous foods – 2 kg;
– Beer – 2 liters;
– Soft drinks, juices (except citrus) – 2 L;
– All kinds of alcoholic beverages (except beer) – 2 L;
– All types of tobacco products in the amount of – 10 packs;
– Fragrances – 2 units. of each item;
– Car cosmetics – 2 units. of each item;
– Detergents and cleaning products – 5 kg;
– Products of natural and artificial leather, except for school bags and satchels – 1 units. of each item, but not more than 3 units.;
– Clothing and clothing accessories made of genuine leather – 1 units. of each item, but not more than 3 units.;
– Outerwear and hats made of natural fur – 1 units. of each item, but not more than 3 units .;
– Carpets and rugs – 15 m;
– Jerseys, machine- and hand-knitted – 1 units. of each item; bedding – 5 sets;
– Ceramic products – Set 1, but not more than 24 units;
– Utensils from crystal – 1 set, but not more than 12 units;
– Jewelry made of precious metals and precious stones – 5 articles with a total weight of not more than 30 grams;
– Jewelry – not more than 0.5 kg;
– Kitchen utensils, knives, spoons, forks and other base metal, including coated with precious metals – 1 set, but not more than 24 units;
– Video and audio equipment – 1 units. of each item, but not more than 3 units.;
– Clocks and watches – 2 units.;
– Chandeliers, lighting equipment – 2 units.
On the consular districts of Uzbekistan abroad, can be found on the: website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
The rules of entry of goods by individuals not subject to excise tax:
Coffee roasted or fried caffeinated or decaffeinated – 2 kg;
Sturgeon caviar – 0.5 kg;
caviar substitutes – 1 kg;
It should also be noted that in Uzbekistan skipped goods imported by individuals for their own use without paying customs duties:
– The cost of not more than $ 1,000 for goods imported from non-neighboring countries;
– Total cost of $ 10 for the goods, at the same time imports from neighboring countries (Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan).
When visas also are charged fees for reimbursement of actual expenses related to visas. The amount of such charges varies depending on where visa processing (irrespective of the nationality of the applicant).
Note: For citizens of countries with which there are corresponding bilateral agreements and arrangements, may provide a different order of entry visas to the Republic of Uzbekistan.
For tourists arriving in Uzbekistan, should be aware that the importation of foreign currency in cash to Uzbekistan residents and nonresidents are allowed in unlimited quantities with a mandatory declaration to the customs declaration form T-6.
Foreign currency in cash in the amount exceeding the equivalent of 5000 US dollars, is passed to the Republic with the issuance of the customs authority certification form TS-28.
Taking foreign currency out of the Republic of Uzbekistan to non-residents are permitted up to the amount previously imported into the Republic in accordance with the customs declaration. The grounds for the removal of non-resident foreign currency in cash in excess of the amount specified in the customs declaration form T-6 (filled when importing) certificate or the TC-28 (issued by the customs authority on importation), a banking resolution. Be careful, non-declaration or false declaration and provision in the oral survey of foreign cash, traveler’s checks, foreign exchange and commodities and materials and other items, a customs officer at the customs control, it is a violation of customs rules, and the person they have committed, are responsibility in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
The export of traveler’s checks are allowed with their number in the customs declaration of T-6.
Transfer bank permission to export foreign currency in cash to others is not allowed.
Discovered during customs control of counterfeit foreign currency in cash can not be skipped. Counterfeit Currency delays in registration of process in accordance with the law.
For registration and issuance of visas to Uzbek legislation following consular fees:
a) For single entry visas:
Note: for each additional entry tariff increases to $ 10.
b) For multiple-entry visas:
c) For a transit visa:
d) For group visas (groups must be at least 10 people, excluding children under 16):